Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Fuck off Sears - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Fuck off Sears (/thread-5033.html)

Fuck off Sears - Twitchin Kitten - 09-07-2018

So get this. I have a Sears credit card for close to 30 years. I get a notice in the mail over the past weekend telling me that if I do not use the card they are going to lower my credit limit. The card has a $0 balance. So I call them up and I tell them to close the account. He asks why. I tell him I will not be bullied into using something under threat of a decrease in my limit. I don't need to use the card and at the insane interest rate they have on it, it's better I just close the account and I can just ask one of my other cards to increase my limit with much less interest.
This nut-job tries to tell me they do this because they need to make sure I still have the card. Right. If someone else had the card I'm pretty fucking sure there wouldn't be a ZERO balance on it.

Now also keep in mind this card is owned by Citi Bank who are the absolute worst to deal with if there are problems. Good riddance. There are no more Sears stores anyway.

RE: Fuck off Sears - Biker Dude - 09-07-2018

Yeah, my CostCo card is Citi. I was bummed when they switched from American Express, they were awesome

RE: Fuck off Sears - Twitchin Kitten - 09-08-2018

thanks for that bit of info. I almost went for a Costco card. I won't now. I'll stick with our USAA cards. They take care of us nicely.

RE: Fuck off Sears - Biker Dude - 09-08-2018

I loved AMEX. Web site was easy to navigate, bills were clear as fuck, customer service top notch. Citi just isn't as good. Not Comcast bad, but not great. The only benefit I got was it was nothing on my side, it just happened, I didn't have to do anything. We use that card only for groceries, I tend to use my CapitalOne for most stuff.

RE: Fuck off Sears - twisteroo - 09-09-2018

Sears has some balls to fuck with anyone. You are hard pressed to even find a sears store and I don't even know if they have a website.

RE: Fuck off Sears - Twitchin Kitten - 09-14-2018

(09-09-2018, 07:40 AM)twisteroo Wrote: Sears has some balls to fuck with anyone. You are hard pressed to even find a sears store and I don't even know if they have a website.

they have a website but it's an imitation of Amazon or Walmart. A conglomeration of a whole bunch of other stores selling on their site. Their Kenmore appliances used to be unbreakable and now they're just made like crap. Stainless steel they're using is RUSTING. Remember the BBQ grill fiasco? yep, still rusting.

If you need new appliances check with me first. My friend Dave is an appliance repair tech and he knows what to buy and not waste your money. My dishwasher just died and he said Whirlpool or Kitchen Aid or Bosch are the only choices I should make. Whirlpool is still fully made in America too. I had to replace the refrigerator this year and went with Whirlpool. I am very happy with it. He said to stay away from any of that electronic crap. GE and LG are the worst as well as Samsung. French doors break fast. there is a moveable flap on the left door to seal it up in the middle and he said that is the first thing to break, and does so in the first year. It's also ridiculously expensive for cheap plastic.