Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: Art & Entertainment (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: Photography & Art (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... (/thread-1497.html)

HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Twitchin Kitten - 07-03-2010

OK I have that camera I'm thinking about buying.

IT's a Canon EOS digital Rebel 300D.

It does not take mpeg movies from what I can tell. The booklet has a statement on it saying that it's up to date as of August 2003.

The guy wants $200 for it.

Do you think it's worth it?
Should I chew him down?

So far I'm liking the camera and I like using it with my heavy lens on it. I like the heavy lens because for some reason, I have an easier time holding it steady. I've no clue why that is.

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Havoc - 07-03-2010

The camera itself is a good camera, 6.3 mega-pixels one of the better entry level digitals of the era,if its in really good shape then 200 could be about right, I took the liberty of checking ebay to see what the market is for these cameras they are selling for prices in the low 100,s and a a little less in some cases, to the upper 200,s and even a little more depending on whats being offered with them.

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Twitchin Kitten - 07-03-2010

Yeah, Vizzy found one for like $78 but there is still 21 hours left on the auction. I'm figuring I've got the weekend with it and I can actually see the condition it's in, so the percentage of getting ripped off just dropped to 0 due to that alone.

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - twisteroo - 07-03-2010

(07-03-2010, 01:57 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: Should I chew him down?

I don't know anything about the camera, but you are so PC.Biggrin

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - kbear - 07-03-2010

You can get a camera with more megapixels, for about the same price.
We have one right with 12 and we are looking at one with 14 for about $200.00

My other thought was do you want to carry some thing big around.
We have a small one and we use it all the time.
That is jut my 2 cents.

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Twitchin Kitten - 07-03-2010

Kim, I have two small ones with more megapixels and I hate them. The quality of the pictures are awful compared to the digital slr's.

I also found that more megapixels does not necessarily mean better images. I have a tiny Canon PowerShot with 8 mp and it takes shittier pictures than my 10 year old Sony CD Mavica with 3.2 MP.

I Took the Digital SLR to the boardwalk tonight. I ran the battery out taking pics... well, I ran the battery out forgetting to turn it off so I only got a few pics. Tomorrow I'll see if I got anything good to show you all what we suffer through here.

I did get a pic of the house on that moron show Jersey Shore! What a dump. It's in the 'slummy' part of town too.

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Vizth Hal - 07-03-2010

Quote:I also found that more megapixels does not necessarily mean better images. I have a tiny Canon PowerShot with 8 mp and it takes shittier pictures than my 10 year old Sony CD Mavica with 3.2 MP.

HEY! I use a 5MP canon powershot.

RE: HAVOC! Or anyone else in the know... - Havoc - 07-03-2010

The Konica/Minolta that is responsible for the macro's I post is 4 MP.