Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
update on my brother - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: update on my brother (/thread-824.html)

update on my brother - Pickles - 03-11-2010

Just talked to my brother. He is out of the hospital and set up in the apartment he's got to stay in until his lungs and heart settle into whatever shape they need to be in.

He sounds great and happy. Wish he could recouperate closer to home but maybe he'll heal fast and get home sooner than later.

He'll have to have the heart pump for the rest of his life unless he gets a heart transplant. So he is now my Bionic brother.

RE: update on my brother - Twitchin Kitten - 03-11-2010

Cool. Does he look like Steve Austin? (lee majors) Giggle

Great to hear he's doing good and out of the hospital now. How are you holding up through it all?

RE: update on my brother - LH - 03-11-2010

Good luck with your Brother Pickles. Is he your older or younger brother? Anyways keep in touch with him and continue to drive him bonkers. That is always fun and it makes the serious stuff less intimidating and awkward.
I know when I visit anyone that is in the hospital or after they have had a major thing done I try and make every moment with them count, and try to not talk about the thing at hand. That scares me a bit and I usually try and take them off to the side and express my concern for their well being in private.
Anyways good vibes for all and a healthy wind through the window for all.

RE: update on my brother - Twilla - 03-11-2010

A good attitude and positive outlook is very important for recovery and it sounds like he's doing a good job at both. Good

RE: update on my brother - Rhubarb - 03-12-2010

(03-11-2010, 09:58 PM)Twilla Wrote: A good attitude and positive outlook is very important for recovery and it sounds like he's doing a good job at both. Good

Agreed Good
I hope hope he is getting lots of contact from friends not just family Hug
Afterall it was friends that got No1 son motivated after his bike accident and not us. I know its not the same, but he was so poorly at first he didn't want us to tell him everything was alright, but his mates.

RE: update on my brother - Twitchin Kitten - 03-12-2010

I think you need to know your friends will be there no matter the outcome is why, Trudi. We all know family will be there no matter what, but friends don't always stick around through tough times and find new "easier" friends to hang around with. Philip is lucky he has such good friends.

Hopefully he has a lot of visitors and friends giving him encouragement Pickles.

RE: update on my brother - Pickles - 03-13-2010

Dave is a year younger than me. He gets calls on his cell and we have a cousin over there who can help out when needed. Robin and her mom are over there this weekend. the school has been really good about giving Robin time to go over there. His wife is amazing with all this.. I don't know how she does it.