Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Washer/Dryer Recommendations - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Washer/Dryer Recommendations (/thread-823.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Washer/Dryer Recommendations - Loricat - 03-11-2010

I desperately need a new washer and dryer. I need a recommendation on what to get. I don't want a set that is super expensive. I do need a large capacity washer though because I have a lot of laundry each week. Thing 1 insists on putting down a clean towel on the floor and using a clean towel every morning for his shower. Why he can't hang up his towel and use it again is beyond me. I pick my battles.
Anyhow, I don't want a front loader washer because I have heard bad things about them. Has anyone had a really good set? A set that lasted a long time but doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - twisteroo - 03-11-2010

I have a really good washer, it is a maytag, it's over 20 years old and have never had a lick of trouble. I do however remember spending bunches of money on it back then. I just went in to the place and told them I wanted the biggest maytag they sell.

My dryer is some couple hundred dollar no-name piece of shit. Meh....

Sorry, I guess none of this is really of any use, and not good advise at all.

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - obycencio - 03-11-2010

We've had a kenmore washer for the last 20 years... and it's still in excellent conditions. We used to be 9 at our home... :O

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - Loricat - 03-11-2010

I want a dryer that doesn't take all day to dry a load of towels!
I really want the combo where the dryer dries the clothes as fast as the washer washes them.

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - twisteroo - 03-11-2010

The salesmen are gonna be all over you.

(03-11-2010, 05:19 PM)twisteroo Wrote: The salesmen are gonna be all over you.

Hmm, maybe I won't shower before I go shopping. Spiteful

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - Twitchin Kitten - 03-11-2010

Gloria is on the mark.... go Kenmore and go front loader.

I've never used anything but Kenmore as far back as my parents' using them. You can't kill them. They are gigantic compared to all the other brands and I have called a repair man TWICE in 30 years.

My current set is a Kenmore - it's 25+ years old and going strong.

As soon as i can afford it I'm going front loader. Less water, bigger tumbler and clothes actually come out cleaner. No more worrying about an unbalanced load and the machine taking a walk on you too.

If you don't like Kenmore, LG makes some really nice appliances.

Get the blue or red Wink

I do like Kenmore as a matter of fact. I have all Kenmore applicances in my kitchen. My parents have always gotten Kenmore as well. One time they got Maytag and my Mom hated the washer.

I have heard bad things about the front loaders. A lot of people say they get this moldy smell and you have to run a hot water load with bleach and no clothes once a week to get rid of it. They are more expensive too. I always wanted one until I heard about the moldy smell.

We are going to Sears tomorrow after work to take a looksee at what they have.
And I am getting white. I would love stainless but can't afford that right now. So boring old white it is.

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - Black Sun - 03-11-2010

I was going to talk about washers and dryers but then I realised what a pointless, soul destroying and soup chickeny futile pursuit that would be.

RE: Washer/Dryer Recommendations - Sally - 03-11-2010

(03-11-2010, 05:39 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: As soon as i can afford it I'm going front loader.

If you don't like Kenmore, LG makes some really nice appliances.

I have the LG front loader and it smells really musty and God forbid you leave a load of clothes in it overnight, you have to wash them 3 more times in vinegar just to get the smell out. I've heard about the musty smell from so many people and it's not just the LG brand, it's all of the front loaders.

I think Kenmore makes really good appliances, but I would stay on the safe side and get a top loader. I really regret spending all that money on that front loader.