Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
well wish me luck - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: well wish me luck (/thread-560.html)

Pages: 1 2

well wish me luck - Eric - 02-03-2010

Tomorrow mornin I will embark on a journey to the dentist to have a broken tooth removed. Seems I will loose some wisdom ( teeth ) and the tooth I broke the other day! The Last time I had the dentist pull/fix a tooth , they broke one and had to cut it out , so I am SO not looking forward to this.

anyhoo , Since I am a big Sissy ( as my daughter says ) I may not be on for a day or so , as I will be confined to the bed sleeping the pain away LOL

Christ I aint lookin' forward to this...... Tantrum

RE: well wish me luck - Twitchin Kitten - 02-03-2010

I'm with the kid.

Men are such wusses when it comes to pain. It's a known fact women can take pain way better than any man. Hell, we spit people the size of watermelons out our bodies!

You're going to feel nothing but relief, I assure you.

RE: well wish me luck - Jilly - 02-04-2010

Good luck !! It`ll go fine, don`t worry !!!

RE: well wish me luck - Eric - 02-04-2010

well after an hour , pain is gone , tooth is gone.......... now its time to rest..

thanks you two!

RE: well wish me luck - Jilly - 02-05-2010

Green tea, lie down, dark room................ That`s the ticket !!

RE: well wish me luck - Eric - 02-05-2010

thanks dalin!

RE: well wish me luck - Twitchin Kitten - 02-05-2010

Glad you're back up and about big guy!

RE: well wish me luck - michael - 02-05-2010

(02-04-2010, 04:44 PM)Eric Wrote: well after an hour , pain is gone , tooth is gone.......... now its time to rest..

thanks you two!

Glad all went well but should it not be...

wvell afttter aan hour , ppaaaiin ist goneeee , tooff is goneeee.......... tow tis timeee sooo west.. Yahoo

RE: well wish me luck - Twilla - 02-05-2010

God, I hate dentists, severe phobia about them, even. I had a filling fall out of a molar and I allowed the tooth to continue breaking till now there's just a nub there. Surprisingly there was no pain at all. Just a gaping hole if I smile too broadly.

I probably should've kept that charming story to myself, huh?

RE: well wish me luck - Rhubarb - 02-05-2010

I think these fears can be inherited from parental fears. The more they assure you it will be ok, it will not hurt, it instils the thoughts it will hurt and there is something to fear.

My dad goes to the dentist by himself now (he is 73) but as we kids we all went together as a family not because it was to reassure us, but to reassure Dad that if we could go and not complain he would have to put on a brave face. He has been going to the same dental practice for 40 years and the staff know his fears. My mum can no longer go with him and she call the practice when he has to go (just had lots of work) to say he is on his way.

Where did this fear come from?
My gran took him to a 'dentist' when he was a child who pulled 4 teeth. When they got home on the bus he was still bleeding.
Then my gran found out the dentist was infact self trained and......Eric will like this...
A butcher and pulled teeth as a hobby!