Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! (/thread-4921.html)

Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! - LKTraz - 10-14-2017

So with yesterday being Friday the 13th countless people went around fearing that they were going to have a shitty day.  I don't believe in that so I just cruised on like I would any other day.

Since it was payday I intended to do the normal thing and pay bills, hit the store for stuff I needed, gas up etc etc etc.

Before I left for work I checked at the website at work to see what my pay was and was a little surprised to see it was lower than what I had estimated.  I generally get it within + or - $20.  Oh well.....once in a while I get it wrong so no big deal as it wasn't a huge amount (like $300 off) or anything that makes a big difference.

So I forge on with the day and run my trip to South Plainfield and deliver like normal.  On the way back I need to stop at our shop and put fuel in the reefer tank before I go drop the trailer at the plant.  I pull up to the fuel island and just as I'm getting ready to get out of the truck my phone rings.  Caller shows as the office so I answer. 

I expected it to be dispatch changing their mind on where to drop the trailer and hoping they caught me before I got past the shop but to my surprise it was Marge from payroll.  She tells me that she made a mistake on my pay and failed to enter the pay for the mileage trip I took up to Erie.  She tells me they are Fed-Exing me a paper check for the difference and I should look for it today (Saturday)  That should be over $200.00 after taxes and maybe more since all the non-tax deductions were already taken off on the first part of my pay.  Hey Friday 13.....fuck you!

But it doesn't end there!

Now knowing I have that check coming I decide that it's a good time to grab up the parts I need for my pickup.  I have a rotor on the front that is worn down below where it will pass inspection so I figure I'll just replace them both and while I'm at it I will just do the brakes on all 4 wheels. 

I get on Advance Auto's site and find the rotors, pads, shoes for the rear wheels, hardware kit, a container of brake fluid and I add a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer to the order since I have an online discount coupon for 20% off the total order.

The total is $176.33 plus tax for a total of just over $180.00.  With the discount applied it comes down to $150.80 tax included!  GREAT!!!!

I hit the checkout, put in my card info and click the button to finalize it. I get a screen that says there was a problem with my payment info.  No big deal as I think I goofed and hit a wrong number somewhere.  I re-enter my info and hit it again but get the same message.  Now I KNOW I got it right the second time.  I go onto my bank's site and find that I now have TWO charges for $150.80 to Advance.  FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I call the bank's customer service line and explain what happened.  They open a claim for one of the charges which will fix it in a couple days time.  So far so good.

I call the Advance store where I will be picking up the order and tell them what happened and they make a note then tell me to wait about 20 minutes and call back to confirm that the order showed up on their system.  I call back but still no order but they say just come on up and we can figure it out and get you your parts.

I print out a copy of the bank page showing that the account was charged and the goofed up page with my order listed on it then head off.  We had some other shopping to do in the neighborhood so it should be take care of this then forge on to the other stores.

I get there and still no order on the system.  My paperwork shows no order number so we are at a standstill.  Without that number they can't pull anything from stock.  The guy at the counter tries a few go arounds to see if he can find my order in the system but no dice. Finally he tells me I need to call their customer help center to figure this out.  Now due to the store's location there's no cell service inside the building and a weak signal outside.  I go outside and call the number he gave me.  Of course it's one of those nightmare automated deals where you navigate then wait on hold for a human.  3 times I get to where I should be, it rings twice then I get a busy signal!  Now I'm pissed! Banghead

I go in and tell the guy what is going on and he grabs the counter phone and calls.  Sure as shit he gets the same result.  To his credit, he tries a little trickery and gets through to where I need to be through a bit of a back door in the system.  He hands me the receiver and the wait begins.

After about 15 minutes I get a human.  I explain what is happening and to my delight this woman is shit on it!  She kills BOTH prior glitched orders which puts my money back almost IMMEDIATELY then re-orders my parts from her end.  She applies the discount and then apologizes for the trouble and DOUBLES the discount to make up for my problem!!!!!!!  This makes my new total after tax $112.15.  She gives me the order number and tells me that it should take 10 - 15 minutes for it to pop up on the store's system.  I thank her profusely for her help and hang up.

I tell the counter guy and he says ok let's see.  Not up yet so he suggests I go outside and have a smoke then he will come get me when it shows up.  Out I go, explain to Barb who has been patiently waiting in the truck and light one.  I didn't get halfway through my smoke and he comes out all smiles and thumbs up.  He tells me that he got it and has the order pulled and waiting on the counter for me when I'm ready!

SOOOOOO....in the end I get my pay adjusted UP and my parts for 40% off.

Friday the 13th gets a big ass whooping!!!!!!   Yahoo

RE: Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! - Biker Dude - 10-14-2017

I found a quarter on the ground, it was a good day/.

RE: Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! - Twitchin Kitten - 10-14-2017

My Friday 13th was delayed until today. Putting all the carbon fiber dress up stuff under the hood and it's all tits up.

They send me 2 covers for the coolant reservoir. I only needed one. No fuse box cover. It's now on back order and it wasn't when I ordered it.

The coolant cover is a nightmare. The clips for it are the problem.

Matt has a set of sockets. not really. THIS is the mess I had to slog through to find one 10mm socket. don't even get me started on the black box of stuff that you can't see toward the right.  Banghead

[attachment=3770]

The company says to reuse the chrome pieces from the old engine cover onto the new one. Nope. I'd have to grind them off the old one. So I'm going to have to order a 5.0 emblem which glues on at a cost of $60/pair. they're fucking plastic. what a gyp

Hood struts. Another nightmare. The hood didn't sit flush at first and I had to do some creative wriggling and fitting to get that done. HAD to change the stick to the struts so I can fit the carbon fiber radiator cover on.

WHY on earth do these companies tell you to reuse the original parts (some with modifications) instead of just putting the proper replacement parts in there? What should take half an hour took around 4 hours to complete, all because of having to dicker with making old parts fit new ones and lets not forget that mess of tools I had to slog through to find one socket.

RE: Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! - twisteroo - 10-14-2017

LK, good deal.

Biker, I'll always pick up a quarter.

Twitch, do me a favor and shovel all those rusty tools in the garbage, find a Harbor Freight coupon and get some new stuff.

RE: Triskaidekaphobia gets an ass whooping! - Twitchin Kitten - 10-15-2017

(10-14-2017, 06:56 PM)twisteroo Wrote: LK, good deal.

Biker, I'll always pick up a quarter.

Twitch, do me a favor and shovel all those rusty tools in the garbage, find a Harbor Freight coupon and get some new stuff.

Right? I flipped when he handed me those things. Never mind that MY tools are all gone. When we met I came with a full compliment of tools for damn near everything you could think of. Cement, carpentry, mechanical, everything. Guess what happened to them? That's right. Mr Sloppy either ruined or lost them all. Don't get me started.