Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Weather is NOT cyclical? - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Weather is NOT cyclical? (/thread-4200.html)

Pages: 1 2

Weather is NOT cyclical? - LKTraz - 11-19-2014

The lake effect snow Buffalo, NY just got had me looking at pics and I decided to look up images from 1977.

Remember folks....this shit is ALL NEW and it's because of "global warming/climate change". Fucking bullshit.

Current snowfall

[attachment=3123]

[attachment=3124]

Hmmmmmm.....same shit.......different decade.

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - Twitchin Kitten - 11-19-2014

Oh and doesn't it happen nearly every year?

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - LKTraz - 11-19-2014

Well not the same weather each year (outside of the obvious) but big snowfalls and fucking brrrrrrr temps do work in cycles.

I've noticed that certain conditions work in either 7 or 12 year (approximate) multiples.

Being that 3 x 12 = 36......this bigassed snowfall is actually a year late. (Approximately speaking Wink )

Ours run in 6 year cycles. Did you see the pics of the lake effect snow I posted in the useless thread?

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - LKTraz - 11-19-2014

Yes I did.

Just a thought here but......boy am I glad I didn't draw a load to Erie this week. Good

I mean I ain't skeered but I don't want to drive into that shit if I don't have to. Gun

You'd be stranded if you went up. I don't even think they got the NY Thruway cleared yet.

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - ralgith - 11-19-2014

I'm just glad it didn't become lake effect until it passed me. It stayed up high and normal as it crossed Lake MI, but dropped and fucked Buffalo and that area while it was crossing Lake Huron. Hoorah.

But yes, scientifically LK, they have proven that weather patterns are on an average ten year cycle globally. Some areas of course don't follow that, but most are in the range you gave of 7-12. I've been telling everyone to hang on to their panties cause this is gonna be a bad winter. 1977. 1997. Both were terrible winters here in MI. So yeah, we're definitely due for a blow. Not the good kind either.

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - twisteroo - 11-20-2014

You wouldn't want to by trying to get through here this past couple of days. All the parking lots in town are full of big trucks because of the thruway being closed.

I'm pretty sure that this snow is coming from that hurricane that went by Hawaii a week or two ago, they said it was gonna push cold air down from the north when it got this way. Cold air coming across the still warm lakes = shit pile of snow.
Maybe they can blame that hurricane on global warming but this snow just happens until the lakes cool down.
It looks like we got like another 8-10" over night, just having a cup of coffee before I head out to the gym. Fuck it, it's only snow.

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - LKTraz - 11-20-2014

I-90 in PA (Erie vicinity) isn't shut down like the NY Thruway but it's damn sure fucked. I suspect I-79 is probably dicey once you get north of Meadville.

I'm pretty sure that if I went to North East, PA (last exit on I-90 in PA) it would be majorly fucked!

I've dodged bullets in the past with the Thruway and plowed snow with the truck bumper on NY 5 most of the way to Albany when it was closed.

The weather channel had reports from Dunkirk and damn does it look deep up there.

This shit keeps up and it will be a repeat of 1977....the winter that wouldn't end.

RE: Weather is NOT cyclical? - twisteroo - 11-21-2014

It's over, the sun is out.....60 degrees on Monday.
Get your sump pumps folks before home depot sells out.