Twitchin Kitten - conversation community

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck (/thread-4108.html)

Pages: 1 2

Old versions of Skype now disallowed - M$ forces hated update on everyone - Make sure you read the comments, and notice the one that was ignored by the staff lady answering everything else

Another step in M$'s quest to own the world... next thing we know Skype will be folded into M$N Messenger (whatever name that has these days... Live Messenger, Windows Messenger... they're all M$N Messenger)

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - ralgith - 08-09-2014

Oh yeah... and the new version of Skype is hideous.

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - twisteroo - 08-09-2014

Shweeeew.....I dodged that bullet, I've never even tried the old skype, or messenger or whatever.
Can someone show me how to text on my tracfone?

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - ralgith - 08-09-2014

(08-09-2014, 07:04 PM)twisteroo Wrote: Shweeeew.....I dodged that bullet, I've never even tried the old skype, or messenger or whatever.
Can someone show me how to text on my tracfone?

Smartass.

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - twisteroo - 08-09-2014

I do know what you are saying, everything new sucks. I don't like the new google maps or the updates on firefox. Why can't the just leave the stuff that works alone?

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - Twitchin Kitten - 08-10-2014

I don't have these issues on my awful Apple products. No ads, no bullshit, no creepy pervs busting through the privacy settings to make friends with me. Nope. OH and I can use the older versions as far as I can tell.

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - ralgith - 08-10-2014

(08-10-2014, 08:25 AM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: I don't have these issues on my awful Apple products. No ads, no bullshit, no creepy pervs busting through the privacy settings to make friends with me. Nope. OH and I can use the older versions as far as I can tell.

Micro$haft has stopped 4.2.x and older releases from connecting to their servers at all. Only new 4.3.x releases will connect.

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - Vizth Hal - 08-11-2014

The new versions don't really bother me tbh, as long as i can use it to talk i don't care really.

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - Twitchin Kitten - 08-19-2014

I'm finding serious lagging on Skype now. That thing used to be the only thing that wasn't affected if my computer was acting up. Nothing really lags on the iMac and now Skype does. I'm just glad the Mac version doesn't have those adverts and I rarely get whores asking to be my friend.

RE: Skype: Destroyed by Micro$uck - ralgith - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 06:45 AM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: I'm finding serious lagging on Skype now. That thing used to be the only thing that wasn't affected if my computer was acting up. Nothing really lags on the iMac and now Skype does. I'm just glad the Mac version doesn't have those adverts and I rarely get whores asking to be my friend.

Wut? There aren't any adverts in it at all. And the OS it's for has nothing to do with the "whores".