Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
I won a cruise! - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: I won a cruise! (/thread-4020.html)

Pages: 1 2

I won a cruise! - Twitchin Kitten - 05-09-2014

So we went to that Flyers / Hurricanes game last month and it turns out we won a cruise for filling out some application at the game. I do not recall filling anything out other than the 50/50 raffle.

4 days / 3 nights to the Bahamas.

I get to pick from:
Norwegian
Carnival
Caribbean

Cruise liners.
I have 1 year to take it.

If I go and claim the cruise tomorrow at the travel agency they throw in round trip air fare Yahoo

So we're going up to the agency tomorrow.

Caveat:

We are responsible for:

taxes
port charges
security charges

We must also sit for an hour listening to whatever this agency offers. It's not selling time shares bullshit, but they are selling travel agency services. I guess thats' something that's a waning business since people can easily book online for wherever they want to go these days.

No passports needed.

RE: I won a cruise! - twisteroo - 05-09-2014

Uh, congratulations, and be careful.

You don't remember filling anything out and it's all free and you just have to listen to a presentation? Dodgy

RE: I won a cruise! - TenFour - 05-10-2014

hope you like heavy engine noise lulling you to sleep

RE: I won a cruise! - Twitchin Kitten - 05-10-2014

(05-09-2014, 06:50 PM)twisteroo Wrote: Uh, congratulations, and be careful.

You don't remember filling anything out and it's all free and you just have to listen to a presentation? Dodgy

Yeah. No sales pressure I was told too. I warned her that if it is a high pressure sales pitch I'm going to get up right in the middle and walk. I don't have to take the cruise if I don't want and take an Android tablet instead. Smile

(05-10-2014, 05:29 AM)TenFour Wrote: hope you like heavy engine noise lulling you to sleep

I've cruised before. Carnival. Didn't like it much but it was filled with kids and over crowded. So, needless to say I won't be taking the Carnival boat. I hear Royal Caribbean and Norwegian are nice. We'll see.

RE: I won a cruise! - twisteroo - 05-10-2014

Did you go to the topless deck on that Carnival ship?

Protip: go when both college and gradeschool are in session. my point is the free cruise cabins are always on shitty lower decks.

RE: I won a cruise! - Twitchin Kitten - 05-10-2014

You don't spend much time except to sleep in the cabin anyway. At least I didn't.
Probably going to spend most of the time in the Bahamas in port so it's even less likely I'd be on the boat except to sleep. Smile I know my way around there so ...

So Sundance Vacations. Of course they lied about "no high pressure sales pitch". But what this is, it's a wholesale vacation package. They want - hold on - $20K IN FULL UP FRONT and it's not refundable. It's only transferable if you have that "other person's" name on the package. Drop dead? They keep it. I did the math ant it works out to $31+K for the 25 year package.

Of course we shot them down. I may not even be able to take the free cruise. I just pay taxes which they supposedly can't pay for you by law. $189 to $255 per person. I can do that. It is just the way you have to reserve and when that pisses me off. Gotta activate within the next 60 days and then reserve some shit, I forget and I don't want to get up and find the paperwork within the next 30. I don't like committing like that especially the way Matt is on call for work.

We can't use it until December due to when Matt is entitled to vacation time. I'll have to work it out on paper and see if I want to bother.

(05-10-2014, 07:06 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: You don't spend much time except to sleep in the cabin anyway. At least I didn't.
Probably going to spend most of the time in the Bahamas in port so it's even less likely I'd be on the boat except to sleep. Smile I know my way around there so ...

So Sundance Vacations. Of course they lied about "no high pressure sales pitch". But what this is, it's a wholesale vacation package. They want - hold on - $20K IN FULL UP FRONT and it's not refundable. It's only transferable if you have that "other person's" name on the package. Drop dead? They keep it. I did the math ant it works out to $31+K for the 25 year package.

Of course we shot them down. I may not even be able to take the free cruise. I just pay taxes which they supposedly can't pay for you by law. $189 to $255 per person. I can do that. It is just the way you have to reserve and when that pisses me off. Gotta activate within the next 60 days and then reserve some shit, I forget and I don't want to get up and find the paperwork within the next 30. I don't like committing like that especially the way Matt is on call for work.

We can't use it until December due to when Matt is entitled to vacation time. I'll have to work it out on paper and see if I want to bother.

waste your time, feed you bullshot, might as well just suck dick on a street corner at least that's honest.

*them not you, if you were giving corner blowjobs i'd have had 3-4 by now.

not that youre a whore, im just drunk and craving a curry