Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Rocky Horror Live! - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: Art & Entertainment (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: Music (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Rocky Horror Live! (/thread-3827.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Rocky Horror Live! - Twitchin Kitten - 10-25-2013

Gearing up for a big weekend! Anyone else doing anything for Halloween over this weekend since the actual day is on Thursday? It's weird doing festivities early but I've never heard of anyone doing them after even if Halloween falls on a friday.

We're heading to Atlantic City to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show live. I've seen it on Broadway live and a kabillion times in the midnight movie. We were the kids in the back row. Every time. 86

Staying overnight in AC then checking out and going straight into Manhattan because my friend's kid is doing the music production for Shakespeare in the Park. Not sure if we'll make both shows, but the shit is always happening in Washington Square Park!

Yard work is going to have to wait one more week. Purr

RE: Rocky Horror Live! - TenFour - 10-25-2013

I haven't been since it fell out of favor to stand in a line and dry hump air whilst yelling MMM FUCK when someone admitted they were a rocky horror live virgin.

Previously known as doctor frankenfurter, every time 86

RE: Rocky Horror Live! - Twitchin Kitten - 10-25-2013

I still can't picture dressed as Frankenfurter. Giggle

The live show isn't as much an audience participation event as the movie was. At the Broadway production, we were handed a little bag with some props and no one used them because they saved them as souvenirs. I know I did and I still have my 'kit'.

It had:

crappy feather boa
confetti
playing cards
newspaper
cheap flashlight

It's not the same when everyone is "scripted" like that. We all did our own thing without anyone directing us or telling us how to do it. We all got along even if the night had 5 Frankenfurters up in front of the theater.
And the air was ALWAYS thick with the smoke from all the weed in the house. No one freaked out at a lit cigarette or joint.

what no toilet paper or toast!!!

I went to see texas chainsaw massacre 2 on halloween night with a buddy of mine and an exgf in sacramento, same thing, you could cut the weed smoke with a knife, a cop even walked in and literally belly laughed and walked back out, pretty sure he had a contact buzz from his 30 seconds in there with us.

(10-25-2013, 11:57 AM)TenFour Wrote: what no toilet paper or toast!!!

No. I wondered the same thing.

(10-25-2013, 11:59 AM)TenFour Wrote: I went to see texas chainsaw massacre 2 on halloween night with a buddy of mine and an exgf in sacramento, same thing, you could cut the weed smoke with a knife, a cop even walked in and literally belly laughed and walked back out, pretty sure he had a contact buzz from his 30 seconds in there with us.

I miss those days. Now everyone is so uptight about everything.

RE: Rocky Horror Live! - twisteroo - 10-25-2013

I'm gonna be working this weekend, but I have been known to dress up and go out to a bar. That would be my big Halloween doings.

I have never seen the RHPS.Sorry

(10-25-2013, 07:05 PM)twisteroo Wrote: I'm gonna be working this weekend, but I have been known to dress up and go out to a bar. That would be my big Halloween doings.

I have never seen the RHPS.Sorry

Shock That's a damn shame. Not sure if you would appreciate it now, but as a young man I think you would have.
Netflix. You gotta be able to see it on that or cable. There's got to be a thousand channels playing it this time of year! OMG I can't belive you havent' see it!

Meatloaf was in it. He was actually thin by his usual standard and awesome.

I had painted the lips on my wall in my room as a kid too. My mom FREAKED out at my room when she saw lips 5' across on one wall. Never mind the rest of the artwork I did while she was at work Biggrin

My favorite characters are Columbia:
[attachment=2771]

And Magenta:
[attachment=2772]

http://www.rockyhorror.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073629/?ref_=nv_sr_1

RE: Rocky Horror Live! - AnthonyG - 10-25-2013

I have been working to open a new business, anything I consider relaxing or rest is no where to be seen in my near future.

RE: Rocky Horror Live! - TenFour - 10-26-2013

My favorites are riff-raff and eddie, columbia is the best woman as far as looks goes but her character is practically a walk on extra, she's got like 5 lines during the time warp and after that i think she screams once (because dying)

Also do not go watch this movie all alone at home or its going to fucking SUCK it's dated as hell and the effects are shit, i think barbarella might be as awful as far as effects to give you the gist. The way to see rocky the first time is drunk and (or) high or any combination you like of that, in a room full of people who have all seen it before. After almost 2 hours of them randomly screaming out shit and throwing things (it will seem random to you but it's not) if you had a good time youre ready to go see it in public, if not well hey at least you didnt waste 2 hours alone on a movie you hated...