Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Which one are you guilty of? - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Which one are you guilty of? (/thread-3750.html)

Pages: 1 2

Which one are you guilty of? - Twitchin Kitten - 08-07-2013

I'm guilty of the ketchup on hot dogs. On occasion I will put it on there. Recently I've gone full mustard again but there were a few years where I did ketchup only.

Food Faux Pas <-- clicky

RE: Which one are you guilty of? - twisteroo - 08-07-2013

Man I eat what I eat how I wanna eat it. I do most of that stuff. Can't say I've ever had Ethiopian food though. I had heard that in those third world shit hole countries that they eat with one hand and wipe their asses with the other, that's why you only eat with the right or left or whatever.
I like all my meat well done, I don't eat enough sushi to have any bad habits.

What does piss me off with when people will salt, season, spice, or whatever they do to food before they taste it. It's a wonder the cook don't come out and strangle some of them.
I don't mean a hamburger or hotdog where you know it's gonna be better with mustard, I mean why would you start dumping salt and shit on say mashed potatoes until you taste it to know if it needs anything?

RE: Which one are you guilty of? - ralgith - 08-07-2013

Fuck that shit. I eat what I want the way I want. I frequently put Sweet Hickory A1 on my Hot Dogs. Yes, I enjoy mustard and relish, but if I want something else... who the fuck are you tell me how to eat my food? Eat shit and die. I hate people telling me what my taste buds enjoy.

EDIT: And as a damn good cook, I'm with Twist on adding something to food without tasting it. Or refusing it just because it has something on it. Fuck you for not even giving it a taste.

RE: Which one are you guilty of? - Twitchin Kitten - 08-07-2013

Calm down lil' buddy. You're about to pop a vein.

I have seen what Michigan does to hot dogs Tongue

(08-07-2013, 02:09 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: Calm down lil' buddy. You're about to pop a vein.

I have seen what Michigan does to hot dogs Tongue

Nah, I'm actually very calm Tongue
I just find it stupid to tell other people how to eat their food. Eat what you enjoy, because that's what food should be about (beyond providing your body with fuel). So, anyone who tries to tell me how to eat any of my food can eat my shit and die Wink I'm mean when it comes to food. Especially when I cook, since I put a lot into my cooking. I mean, christ, I make homemade egg noodles and dumplings when I make chicken & dumplings! Who does that anymore? Biggrin

You know sometimes your tastes change too. Sometimes I'll put cheese and frank's red hot on hotdogs.

If I made you one of my patented, hand crafted, fat burgersĀ®, and a side of fat friesĀ®, and you dumped ketchup and shit on it before you tasted it I would just slap it outta your hands and eject you from the twisterosa grounds.
Go ahead, try it. I dare ya.

[Image: sany7111.jpg]

Yum, that looks good Tongue

The secret is in the special blended, super secret, family recipe, marinade bourbon, I mean sauce.

RE: Which one are you guilty of? - Twitchin Kitten - 08-08-2013

I like your cat cookie jar Biggrin

WTF is that shit on the bottom of the burger? Mustard and cottage cheese?

Why don't you melt the cheddar?

The burger does look good though. Alot like my fat burgers only mine are a little wider and I don't use such a heavy roll. If I do, I will scoop out some of the bread on the top and bottom to make a nest for the burger and fixings. I hate more bread than burger.

I think NYC is the only place that does not put mustard on burgers and I'm so used to it that it just seems unnatural to me to see it. Matt gobs mustard on everything. Mustard should not be toyed with! You do not buy that cheap yellow shit and you spend an extra dollar on fine mustard dammit!

That yellow shit is only good for making - no nevermind its' good for nothing Tongue

I ALWAYS taste food before adding extra seasonings, even on things I like a lot of seasoning on. You just have to or you're ignorant at the table.
The people who say they detest a certain food without ever having tried it are even lower on the culinary food chain than the 'instant seasoners'. How can you say you hate something when you have no idea what it tastes like? Now certain foods will repulse me and I've never eaten them and I can tell you now I never will. I'll forage for berries and leaves before I eat bugs, scorpions, or innards. Can't do calamari or scungili either. Just can't do it no matter how hard people have tried to persuade me.

RE: Which one are you guilty of? - ralgith - 08-08-2013

(08-08-2013, 09:19 AM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: Now certain foods will repulse me and I've never eaten them and I can tell you now I never will. I'll forage for berries and leaves before I eat bugs, scorpions, or innards. Can't do calamari or scungili either. Just can't do it no matter how hard people have tried to persuade me.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Which is a far different thing from saying I don't like it. Who knows? Maybe we would like Calamari. But, because the thought of it makes me sick I'll never try it to find out. It's one of the few things I'll say that about. I'm a firm believer in trying almost anything. Drives me nuts that no one else in my family beside my daughter will try Peanut Butter and Miracle Whip sandwiches. If you like Miracle Whip, and you like PB, there is a good chance you'll like the sandwich. The tang of the MW goes great with the smoothness of a high quality PB (like Jiff, or Reese's) and is very good.