Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
I think we found a home! - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: Art & Entertainment (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: Music (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: I think we found a home! (/thread-3595.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

I think we found a home! - LKTraz - 04-08-2013

Saturday night we played at the VFW in Pine Grove.

OMFG what a gig! We had people on the dance floor for our SOUND CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!

Before we were halfway through the first set there were people jumping on their phones calling their friends and telling them to get down there. They were even holding their phones up so their buddies could hear us.

There were people on the dance floor for every song all night.

Our manager/booking agent (Forrest's wife) overheard a shitload of people telling the bar manager that they just HAD to book us in again!

Let's see.......decent (nice clean) place, good wiring (no buzzes, hums, bad breakers, lots of outlets), appreciative crowd, NO arguments on paying what we ask, nice big area for us to set up, decent acoustics, free soft drinks for the band (only had to pay for adult beverages and then it was at regular daily price for the band AND band crew).

What's not to like?

Many folks told us that they haven't had a band they like this much in there since Forrest's old band and they booked those guys ALOT.

Before we left the bar manger told Jeannie to be sure and call her first thing on Monday to compare calenders for more bookings. If they do like they did before with Forrest we'll be there 4 - 6 times a year and maybe get the New Year's booking which is a big $$$ job.

WOO HOO!

RE: I think we found a home! - twisteroo - 04-08-2013

Sounds cool.
How many pairs of panties did you get tossed at you?

RE: I think we found a home! - LKTraz - 04-08-2013

(04-08-2013, 07:23 PM)twisteroo Wrote: Sounds cool.
How many pairs of panties did you get tossed at you?

Hmmmmmmm......methinks we need to do Seger's "Night Moves" and find out just how many they WILL toss! LOL

RE: I think we found a home! - twisteroo - 04-08-2013

Play a set of drinking songs first, have a drink on me, I drink alone, whiskey in the jar, one bourbon one scotch one beer, mas tequila, etc, etc, get them lubed up, then see the panties fly.Biggrin

RE: I think we found a home! - LKTraz - 04-10-2013

Well we DO already play "I Drink Alone".

Maybe Tequila Sunrise and a Jimmy Buffett boozer?

RE: I think we found a home! - twisteroo - 04-10-2013

Then play maybe cat scratch fever or the stroke and they should disrobe.Spiteful

RE: I think we found a home! - LKTraz - 02-02-2014

Well.......we were back last night and it went well again. We have 2 more confirmed bookings for this year here and possibly 1 or 2 more.

Tried out a couple new tunes and they were well received.

Dan Baird (Georgia Satellites) - I Love You Period
Judas Priest - Another Thing Comin'
Doobie Bros. - China Grove
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

And our new starter is Cheap Trick - Hello There coupled with Ain't That A Shame.
(Used to be Journey - Any Way You Want It)

RE: I think we found a home! - ralgith - 02-02-2014

mmm, Judas Priest... now I have to turn that on. I have their greatest hits sitting in my stereo's CD tray lol

RE: I think we found a home! - LKTraz - 02-02-2014

(02-02-2014, 02:39 PM)ralgith Wrote: mmm, Judas Priest... now I have to turn that on. I have their greatest hits sitting in my stereo's CD tray lol

Kinda hard to beat "old leather lungs" Rob Halford Wink

RE: I think we found a home! - ralgith - 02-02-2014

(02-02-2014, 03:03 PM)LKTraz Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 02:39 PM)ralgith Wrote: mmm, Judas Priest... now I have to turn that on. I have their greatest hits sitting in my stereo's CD tray lol

Kinda hard to beat "old leather lungs" Rob Halford Wink

Biggrin

"green manalishi with the two pronged crown..."