Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Broadway and Off Broadway shows (/thread-3515.html)

Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Twitchin Kitten - 02-08-2013

Anyone here like the theater? Are Matt and I the only ones here who enjoy a play?

Last month we saw Golden Boy.
Next month we're going to see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf. Found out that is a limited engagement too, so we had to rush tickets. I was hoping to hold out for summer.

We're taking our friends from Norway to see Blue Man group in May. We saw that once before, about 7 years ago and had a ball.

I know you all don't have Broadway by you, but I know colleges do productions of the same plays here and there are a lot of cities that have a theater district and once an engagement on Broadway is over, the cast travels all over the country performing the play. Matt saw quite a few productions in Detroit that were original Broadway cast.

You're all going to say plays are faggy, aren't you? Punish

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - twisteroo - 02-08-2013

Uh.....pretty much.

Plays are faggy.Biggrin

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Twitchin Kitten - 02-08-2013

Bite me. Hiney

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - AnthonyG - 02-09-2013

I went and saw les miserables back in the day when they did their farwell tour at the NJPAC years and years ago. It was really nice, I like plays and musicals just dont have the time flexibility to go see them much.

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Twitchin Kitten - 02-09-2013

There's a lot of good ones out there now too. I'm not much for the musicals, but I'll sit through them.

OOH! I forgot Spamalot! We laughed our asses off at that one and I also saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Phantom and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ages and ages ago.

Staten Island College and Wagner College on S.I. used to do a lot of community theater and as kids our parents used to drop us off for a few hours to watch a play and pick us up later. I was hooked when I was like 8. Back then you were able to leave your kid off like that and the usher would keep an eye on them. Now everyone is a suspected miscreant.

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Rhubarb - 02-09-2013

Used to go to Southampton a lot to shows.

Miss Saigon was brill- the helicopter!
Blood Brothers
Phantom of the Opera in three venues London/Southampton/streamed from the Albert Hall to the local cinema (that was brill too)
Grease!
Loads of Pantomimes (your really need to see those)

Plays, not since I lost touch with my flat mate and she moved to Cricklewood. Though the local theatre has some really good top stuff.
The last I went to see was about the the last woman to be hanged in the 50's. To this day I would say they really hanged that girl on stage!

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Twitchin Kitten - 03-04-2013

I didn't like Phantom. They've revived that again, Trudi along with Pippin. Might get tix to see Pippin.

Saw Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf Saturday. Awesome play! Acting was superb and we were not disappointed in any aspect. The young couple (Honey & Nick) left completely broken and totally screwed in the head (as always). I think the play was much better than the movie and this play is another "revamp" of the original anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Afraid_of_Virginia_Woolf%3F

Anyone who hasn't seen the movie or the play really should find time to do so. One of my very favorite stories and I can see it over and over.

We picked up tickets to see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Scarlet Johanssen is starring in this one. Engagement ends on 3/30 so we picked up for the last show.

Seems there are a lot of shows ending soon so we decided to grab tickets to the ones we want to see before they end on us!

Mystery of Edwin Drood is on Broadway again too. I want to see that one so going to find out the engagement run on this too. I'm not big on the musicals and Pippin may be the exception.

There are a lot of really good plays out right now. Trudi, if you're interested in anything let me know before you get here so we can snag good tickets!

RE: Broadway and Off Broadway shows - Twitchin Kitten - 03-04-2013

Dammit! Edwin Drood ends Sunday, 3/10 Tantrum

Guess we'll have to wait until it comes around again. Plenty of tickets available but decent seats are $147 / each.

LOL - they turned Studio 54 into a theater for plays. I guess the second coming of disco didn't pan out.