Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
why I've been a bit quiet here - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: why I've been a bit quiet here (/thread-349.html)

why I've been a bit quiet here - Pickles - 11-18-2009

[Image: newrug001.jpg]-- new rugs in the upstairs and downstairs except bathrooms and kitchen/diningroom so everything had to be taken off bookshelves and furniture that had to be moved. The carpet layers did the moving and tearing out but I did the clearing out.

this is what they had originally put down for flooring. why?
[Image: morerugs009-1.jpg]

the floors upstairs were hardwood. go figure
plus my sister was up visiting I love my sister but she stresses me out so bad.
[Image: morerugs004-1.jpg]

a closet that we stuffed some stuff into and the upstairs bathroom was packed on Friday when they did the upstairs. It was interesting. especially when they took down the carpet on the stairs and found a broken step. so we called my brother Dean who was out doing errands- he called his friend Gary who lives a few blocks away and is a handyman and he was able to get the step repaired and the other nailed down while the carpet guys were at lunch. They only had to wait 10 minutes for the work to be done.

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - Twitchin Kitten - 11-18-2009

Oh that second picture looks like what we dug up under our carpets too!

Was that possibly the original kitchen area and the house had been expanded at some point?

The new carpet in the first pic looks really nice too! I don't envy you moving all that stuff and putting it back!

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - obycencio - 11-19-2009

I like the color on the walls too! Looks nice pickles!

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - Pickles - 11-19-2009

thanks, it's called winterfrost green or early frost something like that

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - Rhubarb - 11-21-2009

You must be so pleased its all over. I love green and is great bedroom colour- peaceful. Hubby hates the colour so I sneaked a 'blue' on our walls, but it had a green silk effect. Almost got away with it, he noticed when the summer came round. It is a 'baby blue' now.Sorry

You are right up in the roof! I'd love a room like that.Biggrin
The closet looks like my hubby's side of the bed Whistle

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - Twitchin Kitten - 11-21-2009

(11-21-2009, 09:43 AM)Rhubarb Wrote: You are right up in the roof! I'd love a room like that.Biggrin
The closet looks like my hubby's side of the bed Whistle

You'll constantly hit your head on the ceiling! I did when we were renting the house with the upstairs "bedroom suite" and you see how short I am. I think I still have lumps.

Matt's corner of the room is gross too...... I think it's genetic.

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - Rhubarb - 11-22-2009

Mark's school friend lives in a 14th century cottage (or at least the centre of it is, the rest is really modern, 17th and 19th century). The upstairs is a bit like that.
They did have the place up for sale when he decided to retire, it is quite difficult to maintain.
The Agent had to make a note on the details when it was advertised in the city as a possible holiday cottage for London Stock-Brokers.

It read:
This property has an original front door which is only 5 foot 6 inches high.
It is recommended that persons wishing to view the property are no taller than 5 foot 10 inches. The owners son is 6 foot and no longer lives at home due to regular concussion.Giggle

They still got stupid 'Banker's' viewing the cottage and surprise, they would bang their head entering, trying to go up the stairs (the lintel holding the upper floor is so low even feel I have to duck) and walking around the bedroom (which is just like the room the 3 bears would sleep in- its fabulous).

I love this cottage and so do they. They bought and renovated it the year they got married, living in a tent in the garden, until their son was born, when they had to move in with her mother for a further 3 years. They officially moved in the year we got married and they had a party.
It was outside because so many guests banged their head using the front door.

The back door is fine- normal 20th century door Wink
They decided not to sell or at least I think they changed their minds.

RE: why I've been a bit quiet here - Pickles - 11-22-2009

we have a metal roof right above that and you should hear it during a hail storm. I don't sleep up there anymore since mom needs me closer to her. Now I'm downstairs in the old t.v room. But I loved the color. I was always hitting my head when working on that part of the room.