Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
My Turtle story from vacation - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: My Turtle story from vacation (/thread-339.html)

My Turtle story from vacation - kbear - 11-11-2009

We took a boat trip one day. Great fast boat.
Well they take to places so you can get off the boat in to the water, and snorkel. I'm not to big on snorkeling but I did get of the boat in place cause the water clear and you can stand. Then if was off to a new spot for snorkeling. Well the new spot was deeper and you had to have a live jacket on. As I didn't want to snorkel. I just stayed on the boat and enjoyed the sun and just being out on the sea.
I was getting warm so I sat on the side of the boat and put my foot in the water. No big deal I thought. I guess I should tell you there were a bunch of turtle swimming around the boat.
Well as I was sitting there with my foot in the water, guess what comes over and take a bite on my toe???

Yes it was a turtle!!!!!!!!!!
I still have the marks on my toe from his bite.
And everyone told me how sweet and kind the turtles are.
I'm rethinking that thought.

I'm the only one who didn't get out of the boat and I bit by a turtle!!!!

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - Vizth Hal - 11-11-2009

well it was kind enough to not take your toe off, probably confused it for something edible

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - Twitchin Kitten - 11-12-2009

Oh that is too funny! Did you have nail polish on? I bet that's why you got nibbled on.

I love snorkeling, I swim around like a fish and look at all the lovely fish. I tried diving once but I felt I couldn't breathe so I had to nix that idea.

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - obycencio - 11-15-2009

When I visited Xel-Ha, near Cancun a few years ago, I didn't like snorkeling because my mouth/throat got dry and sore... so I decided to swim and free dive for a while...
Some of the fish decided that hairy legs were a good source of food, ha...

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - kbear - 11-15-2009

Didn't have any toenail polish on.
I just not very happy to see all of the fish and what not down there.
The fish look way to big to me.
I'm glad I have my toe!!!! that for sure.

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - obycencio - 11-15-2009

Forgot to mention.... not MY hairy legs!!! I got mine epilated!! hahahaha
There were 2 old guys trying to swim around but they got bitten by really big gray fishes!!

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - Twitchin Kitten - 11-16-2009

When I snorkeled in the Caribbean the little fish liked to try out my belly button ring!

RE: My Turtle story from vacation - Rhubarb - 11-16-2009

(11-16-2009, 11:00 AM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: When I snorkeled in the Caribbean the little fish liked to try out my belly button ring!

I'll pass that tip onto the fisherman locally.

First trip snorkling was in the sink at work! Practice lesson from my boss.Then when we went to Bermuda Mark made sure I stayed in the bay and we didn't take a trip out to the reef. I was startled first time and had to remember to breathe, then I loved it- just like feeding the ducks at the park, but underwater. All the Sargent-Major fish came to see if we had any food amd cleaned a graze on my thigh- it tickled. Mark gave them our egg sandwiches.

Hmmm Turtles don't sound such a great idea, and some fish do look so big! Parrot Fish! Great fun but big when you are used to Flounders and Mackeral.