Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
US Employees did you know? - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: US Employees did you know? (/thread-2874.html)

US Employees did you know? - Rhubarb - 02-15-2012

My uncle posted this on FB

http://site.pfaw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HealthcareExtremism&autologin=true&s_src=fb_share_HealthcareExtremism

Just in case effects any of you

RE: US Employees did you know? - twisteroo - 02-15-2012

It effects me because it fucking pisses me off.
The fucking Catholics are balls deep in the republican party, throwing out this bullshit about religious freedom and beliefs. Fuckers.
What about someone that might just use birth control if it were readily available to them? We aren't even talking about the dirt bags, we are talking about people eligible for health insurance through an employer. Why should these people get to choose that they don't want to pay for birth control because they don't condone it's use?
What if they don't believe in treating heart attacks either?

When do I get the choice to not pay for the breeders and their mistakes?
I have never had the option to pay less taxes because I practiced birth control. Every fucking irresponsible breeder gets more money in their pay check because they had a kid. I pay more and put some thought into the matter. I don't have an option to pay less because it is not my belief.
I think this is all politically motivated to bash Obama.

OK, now, I'm not saying that every breeder is bad or irresponsible. I'm sure most people wanted and take care of their children, it's just the ones that don't know when to quit and don't know when to go to work.
I am Catholic, and republican, and was even a kid once myself. I also don't even like Mr Obama.
So there. Beee

RE: US Employees did you know? - Gunnen4u - 02-15-2012

Catholicism interbreeding with the Irish caused the potato famine.

I see this as more the gov't finding an excuse to bring a huge political/cultural block like the Catholics under control. If anything, most politics and political mov'ts/ideas are simply about establishing hegemony over one another.

If the gov't can force Catholicism to do this, they can force anyone to do ____.

RE: US Employees did you know? - LH - 02-15-2012

What does a months supply of "the pill" cost?

RE: US Employees did you know? - LKTraz - 02-15-2012

Twist.....the Catholics are actually up to their tits with the Democrats and this is the first issue they are at odds with them on.

The people who decided to post that web page are full of shit.

This is all over the dispute between the current administration trying to force the church to provide insurance to their employees that will pay for contraception and abortion. As an employer (forget the religious aspect) they have the right to provide whatever policy they see fit OR none at all if they so choose. It's the same as your company in the insurance it provides for employees. They can pick and choose whichever policy with whatever coverages they want to.

This issue is about the government trying to force them to buy SPECIFIC coverages for their employees which go against the beliefs of their church.

The GOP doesn't give a shit WHAT policy the Catholic church buys.

RE: US Employees did you know? - Twitchin Kitten - 02-15-2012

LK is right about.

The problem the "church" has with this issue is they (usually) are 'self insured'. This means they are a private company providing privately funded insurance for their employees. They are not an open company like say, NY Life or Blue Cross which ensures anyone and everyone.

What I don't get is if this is strictly in the churches realm, I would think it's employees are of like minds with the church and wouldn't ask for the stuff anyway.

LH - last time I bought pills they were about $24 a packet / month. Much cheaper than paying for a kid for 20 years.

I think insurance companies should provide women's services and medication but it should not be forced to be given out for free. If you have a prescription co-pay, then you pay it for that stuff too.

RE: US Employees did you know? - Rhubarb - 02-16-2012

(02-15-2012, 08:22 PM)LH Wrote: What does a months supply of "the pill" cost?
Peanuts! triple packs cost on average £2 to £3.

Basic drugs for heart conditions too, but I notice from when we visit family you do always appear to get the most expensive 'latest branded' drug the doctors can stick you on.

I was livid with the doctor we saw when Phil had a Strep' throat. All he needed was a 5 day course of Penicillin (89p- over here) but he gives him 'Klarcid/ Clarithromycin. $50!
Yes it worked but it was really over kill.

RE: US Employees did you know? - Twitchin Kitten - 02-16-2012

Trudi, for a long time birth control pills were considered an elective item and wouldn't even be considered except at full price.

I think the nonsense with penicillin here is that many doctors try to do the "overkill" because they feel people have become resistant to antibiotics because they don't use them properly. Many will take enough to make the problem go away but not finish the entire course prescribed. they hoard the rest and use them to self medicate for something else in the future. This is claimed to cause resistance so the latest and greatest is prescribed. I don't always buy that excuse.