Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Newsflash! All wars were started over a.... - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Newsflash! All wars were started over a.... (/thread-2751.html)

Pages: 1 2

Newsflash! All wars were started over a.... - Twitchin Kitten - 12-23-2011

Stargate! Crazy

Click that - laugh.

I could only get through a couple of paragraphs before I couldn't continue.

Wasn't Iraq and Iran one country and called Persia (or the area was called Persia?) before WW2?

RE: Newsflash! All wars were started over a.... - Gunnen4u - 12-23-2011

No. Iraq was a state within the Ottoman Empire for centuries before WW1. After WW1 ended the Ottomans and they became Turkey, the British created the borders of Iraq as they stand today, along with several of the Arab states. Iran/Persia is an entirely different entity, but before the Ottomans and such going back to antiquity, Persia did rule the Middle East. However, it was demographically different then.

RE: Newsflash! All wars were started over a.... - Twitchin Kitten - 12-23-2011

So what about the Stargate?

RE: Newsflash! All wars were started over a.... - Twilla - 12-23-2011

Colonel Sheppard will save us!

[Image: ColonelJohnSheppard.jpg]

Have you ever read such goofy shit?

Yes, I've been to Haight-Ashbury street. Plus I listen to Coast to Coast (former Art Bell show) at times.

I'm guessing it's a good thing I never heard of Art Bell? Does he wear a tinfoil hat?

I've never been past Wyoming - never seen Haight Ashbury in person. I'm sure it's still ass freaky as it was back in the '60s and early '70's when it was infested with hippie scum.

What's really funny is that the original hippie movement wanted the government out of everyone's lives and now it seems to have flipped and they want to mooch off everyone.

You'll have to listen for yourself. The show either has a NASA scientist talking about the latest news in space, or biologists, or other utterly fascinating stuff with relevant experts in the fields discussed. Lately, they had an anthropologist on, talking about the origins of dragons and other mythical creatures as having roots in the animals we used to fear in our early history. Snakes, lions, other beasts, etc. Great show.

And then they talk about the Yeti, ghosts, etc. It's quite a dichotomy and fairly entertaining, especially when it comes to conspiracy theories.

I think Matt's dad listens to him. Is his show syndicated or on an iHeart radio station so I can listen here?

It's syndicated over the US and Canada. There is a bunch of affiliated stations they list on their website where you can listen online. I just catch it on my local AM station when I feel like it listening to it.