Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! (/thread-2492.html)

Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! - Twitchin Kitten - 08-13-2011

(08-13-2011, 02:28 PM)Rhubarb Wrote:
(08-12-2011, 07:53 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: I'm thinking garlic crabs at Bum Roger's sounds really good right about now. Maybe take them home instead and we can watch movies and eat crabs all night. yum

omg Rofl is that a serious statement. Bum Rogers ? If it's take-a-way then it would never last the week with a name like that here. Hysterical

How wicked could you be to crabs too (we are talking edibles here aren't we?) Garlic! Naked with hot French bread (the crab meat, if Twisteroo gets confused)

(08-13-2011, 05:03 PM)Twitchin Kitten Wrote: Sitting in Bum's now!
I'll post photos later when I can resize them.

OK those two quotes are from the 'pointless' thread and I figured I should just bring them in here for quoting.

No Trudi, it's not a take-away place but you could take a bucket of crabs to go. These are exquisite and can take hours to eat. We usually eat about half each and bring the rest home. Bum Roger's has been around at the beach for ages and a day. Recession has hit hard around here, usually it takes hours to get in the door to eat. We usually take them home instead of sitting if it's busy. The place was practically empty tonight.

I ordered the 'regular' garlic crabs that Bum Roger's is famous for and Matt got the Cajun spiced ones.

Here's the "feast":

[attachment=1978]

And a couple of crappy camera photos from inside the place. Nothing fancy as you can see, just a crab shack by the beach.

"Bum" is probably a derivative of the slang "beach bum". Someone who's seems to never be anyplace else but on the beach. Way back in the 50's and 60's surfers were called Beach Bums too.

I think everyone in these photos are tourists! "Bennies"

[attachment=1979]

[attachment=1980]

[attachment=1981]

Edit: I had to reinsert the photos. Apparently these were part of the batch that got lost when I moved hosts.

RE: Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! - LH - 08-13-2011

See the green ductwork, Thats what I do for a living, design HVAC systems then fab them in the shop. Those were made of galvneal and painted. Thats the first thing I look at now whenever I go anywheres.

RE: Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! - Twitchin Kitten - 08-13-2011

Matt looks at the fire and burglar alarm systems, CCTV and sprinklers.

That makes me glad I'm not a gynecologist.

The crabs or the alarm systems? You lost me.

Staring at stuff that I do all week? Doh

Oh duh... lol. Been a long day and my brain is now mostly dead. Crazy

RE: Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! - Rhubarb - 08-14-2011

(08-13-2011, 08:54 PM)LH Wrote: That makes me glad I'm not a gynecologist.

lol Rofl

I'm dreadful for checking out Pharmacies, particularly when I'm abroad. I found a really old one in Belgium that made me feel I was in the 19th century and I now notice one of the big chains here is about to copy the Scandinavian style of triangle style fittings with a consultation desk at each.

I've been trying to get my boss to turn our place into a coffee shop Crazy

RE: Garlic Crabs at Bum Rogers! - Rhubarb - 08-14-2011

That photo looks like the left overs my Gran would dish up after we had spent all day cooking and cleaning crabs (without the legs). My job was to use a skewer to push the meat out of the legs and if I made a mess of it then Gran would add it to the pot of mixed veg (don't ever remember there being sweet Corn though) and we would have Crab Soup.
Gran sold the crab meat to the local Fish-monger, who she eventually started dating when I was about 14. Her brother was a fisherman who would catch the crabs and also take tourists Mackerel fishing (another job for me- cleaning fish). I was a danger to all with a sharp knife in my hand at 8 years old, but the cat loved me.