Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Useful Bike Links and Apps - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+---- Forum: Sports (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-10.html)
+---- Thread: Useful Bike Links and Apps (/thread-2422.html)

Useful Bike Links and Apps - Twitchin Kitten - 07-02-2011

I figured this is as good a place to stick a thread where good bike info can be found fast.

With the iPhone I've found a few good apps that hooked me up to a few good websites for submitting trail pictures, reviews and what not. I'll add more as I find more.

TrailFu
TrailFu is your source for Mountain Bike Trail data. Get detailed trail maps, access thousands of trails, add new trails, rate trails, view and upload photos. We are committed to building a strong Mountain Biking community, increasing trail stewardship and getting more people out riding.

Share your Ride Help us build and improve the site by providing local trail information. Please rate, add, and submit trail descriptions, upload your trail photos and GPS (KML and GPX) files to share with your fellow riders.

Oh Ranger park finder
Find the parks nearest you with the activities you want to do. Our writers and editors have compiled a comprehensive database of every federal and state park in America. Included in our exclusive database are thousands of national parks, state parks, national forests, wildlife refuges, BLM sites, US Army Corps recreation areas and many more public lands. Each location contains information on the available activities, so you can search for the park nearest you with the activities in which you’d like to participate. Choose from 20 different activity categories to find the right place for you and your friends and family.

Want to go hiking, bird watching and boating? Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder has the answer! How about hunting, fishing and off highway driving? We have that too. Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder makes it easy to find great places for a scenic drives, to discover historic sites, go camping and so much more. You can also quickly toggle back and forth to find locations that have any of your desired activities or all of them. Need directions, important phone numbers, related websites? Oh, Ranger! ParkFinder has that too.

Mountain Bike Trails
Description

We make finding trails easy.

**** As seen on MountainBike.com & BikeRumor.com ****

MountainBike is the first application built by mountain bikers FOR mountain bikers.

Enjoy our list of over 5,000 MTB specific trails that yield over 50,000 miles of pure fun. Discover new trails in your area and easily locate hard-to-find trailheads when you are traveling.

We have trail listings in EVERY STATE as well as the UK, Canada and Australia!

Anyone who has ever tried to find a trail knows how difficult it can be - confusing directions, endless calls to the bike shop, scouring maps. Our App will get the information you need to get you out riding FAST!
*I found some trails here that are not listed in Oh Ranger.

BioLogic Bike Brain
Turn your iPhone into a powerful, flexible, easy-to-use cycle computer. BikeBrain gives you GPS mapping, speed, distance, altitude, elapsed time and many other data parameters. Highly customizable data windows let you decide which data you see.

BikeBrain is available free for download from the App Store.

Cyclemeter
Powered entirely by your iPhone

Cyclemeter is iPhone-centric. No Web site logins, no monthly subscriptions, no uploading data, and no ads. Cyclemeter is a complete solution for tracking your rides on your iPhone 3G, 3GS or 4. It can also be used for running, walking, skiing, and more.

Just found this on Ebay for Parts & Supplies

Thanks to twist for dredging this up. Really useful for finding out specs on any bike make and model you're thinking about buying or just if you need info on one you have: BikePedia

RE: Useful Bike Links and Apps - Twitchin Kitten - 06-30-2015

Need some bike shopping links here. Twist?

RE: Useful Bike Links and Apps - Twitchin Kitten - 07-28-2015

I just picked up the deal of the week on Ebay and found a good Ebay bike shop at the same time.

Topeak weatherproof ride case sells for around $70 normally and does not include the mounting bracket for the bike.

I just picked up a bracket AND mount for $50 on ebay!