Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit (/thread-2392.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Twitchin Kitten - 06-03-2011

So, this year we need a new grate and warmer for the grill. It's a Sears/Kenmore and they don't have the parts in the store. Sales chump tells me to go to Parts Direct online.

I find my parts and order them.
Today they come. I got ONE THIRD of my damn grate for $45.13 Shock

Needless to say I called them up and let them know how decptive their website is for the part.

This is the blowup you have for the grill on the model page. Part #42

[Image: P0612042-00001.png]

So The link to this grill is HERE and you scroll down and look for the number from the blow up sketch.

Does it say anywhere on this page you need to order 3? And who in their right mind would pay $135.39 for a grate when I can spend less than that on a decent new grill? I clicked the "important info" bullshit but I didn't click go to page because frankly, I really didn't think I needed to dig that deep to buy what they said is the part I need.

They refuse to send me the other two parts so they're paying to take it back instead.

Fuck Sears. I'll buy a new grill from Home Depot instead and know I can get the parts without it costing me half of what the damn thing was to begin with.

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Jamminitin - 06-03-2011

Completely deceptive IMO. If it was sold separately, it should be labeled separately. I'd do the same as you and send it back. BS

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Twitchin Kitten - 06-03-2011

The price is outrageous as well. It's not the exact same part (as per the "important information") and it's much thinner in material than the original.

I'm either going to go for a new grill or get black bags and ammonia and soak them clean and let Matt do the dirty work.

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Jamminitin - 06-03-2011

You could defo get a grill for $150

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Twitchin Kitten - 06-03-2011

Yeah, I paid about $260 for this one a couple years ago. We take care of it and it's not even holding up the way I expected it to for a Kenmore. I liked it because it was bigger and we could use the side burner.

I'm going to do without the side burner this time and just go for grill space. We never use the burner, so why bother? When I try to use it, it never gets hot enough, or the wind blows the flame around and makes it useless.

I'm going to type out a nice letter to them and stick it in the box. They need to know that thing is a total rip off and the website is very deceiving.

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - twisteroo - 06-03-2011

Everyone laughs at me.....I use one of these, it's a grill, it's a smoker, it's electric, it's lasted 25 years.
[Image: brinkm10.jpg]

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - kbear - 06-03-2011

Hey did you go to Sears and see if you can order the parts from them.
I have done that before.

Just a thought on my part.

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Twitchin Kitten - 06-04-2011

Yeah Kim. Parts Direct is from Sears and the chump in the store said that was my best way to go. Apparently Sears isn't very helpful in store anymore.

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Havoc - 06-04-2011

Well, they make you read the whole thing, but the suggested quantity is 3.

RE: Sears Parts Direct- a load of Shit - Twitchin Kitten - 06-04-2011

You're missing the point. If you go the route I did, there is no reason to click "more" and dig around. The page with the blowup sketch seems clear enough on it's face.

Don't matter though, the price is an outrage in itself for 3 of them. They go back on Monday when UPS picks up.