Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Demented Easter Eggs - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Demented Easter Eggs (/thread-2343.html)

Demented Easter Eggs - Twitchin Kitten - 04-24-2011

Today was the day from hell. The truck batteries died. Had to get a tow home because the wrecker guy couldn't get it to jump. Never mind it took 3 hours total wait time to get to Matt. $165 for two new batteries, 5 hours of bullshit to get them swapped out.

So, it's 10:30 and I call mother.... "How important are colored eggs?"

Now you'd think her answer would be, "Not at all. Just as long as you can make it here after all the bullshit you went through today, the eggs can stay white."

Not a chance. The answer is, "Well, it's tradition."

Me: "Mom, we haven't even eaten yet."

Mom: "Maybe you can do it in the morning then. Just get up early."

Headpoke

I want to do my goddamn nails in the morning. We did eggs tonight.

Now take a good look. You'd think that year after year she'd let us off the hook with stupid shit like this. Yes, we do it on purpose.

[attachment=1699]

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - twisteroo - 04-24-2011

I like the Charlie Brown egg, and the anarchist egg.Good

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - Phast Phinger Phil - 04-24-2011

Chocolate Easter bunnies...

[Image: easter-bunnies.gif]

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - Twitchin Kitten - 04-24-2011

Well, the one with the "Holy" on it is a joke mom may not like.

She always has something up with Holy, Holy, Holy or she had eggs decorated religiously and we went as a mock with, Holy, Holy, Moley.

TY on the Charlie Brown. That's my yearly donation to a nice one.
I'm particularly fond of the This End Up egg. If you notice the wide end goes up. Dollar says my idiot brothers try to stand up the egg!

The one with the prison tat (spider) is a new one for this year. Then I decided to spider the whole thing and put a spider in the web.

What can I tell you, we get a little weird in the middle of the night when we do shit like this. Throw in starvation and a few sharpies and you get odd ball eggs.

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - kbear - 04-24-2011

I kind of like them!
They fun and different!!

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - Rhubarb - 04-25-2011

I do too! I really like the 'this end up'

I take it you paint them? Or do you stain them while they are being boiled? My Gran used to boil the eggs wrapped in vegetables, onion skins, beetroot leaves and can't remember what else. It was a surprise the colours didn't necessarily come out as expected

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - Twitchin Kitten - 04-25-2011

We just take a sharpie marker and write on them.

We try to make them as ugly and weird as possible but mom likes them regardless.

We get double yolk eggs too because my freak brother will not eat the yolks. He' throws them away! Idiot.

The dye is a food coloring kit you buy in stores. You boil the eggs and then you prepare the stuff in a glass.
3 Tbsp white vinegar, tablet of dye, 1 cup water.
You dip the egg in the solution until you get the desired color.

You can take crayons and color the white egg before you dip. It will make a barrier between the egg and dye and you have a design.

I sent Gloria a bunch of kits - Hopefully she shares her eggs with us!

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - Rhubarb - 04-26-2011

We have real trouble getting hens eggs in white- the Britsh public 'think' brown eggs are healthier! I have a friend with ducks and a goose and their eggs make fantastic cakes!

RE: Demented Easter Eggs - Twitchin Kitten - 04-26-2011

Brown eggs are no different than white eggs! Where do they get that idea from?

I'd love to keep geese or ducks for the gigantic eggs! Sadly, the dog will kill them.