Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Peter Frampton! Yeah - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: Art & Entertainment (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: Music (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Peter Frampton! Yeah (/thread-2272.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Peter Frampton! Yeah - Twitchin Kitten - 03-20-2011

I did it! Yahoo

I wasted money on two premium tickets to see Frampton at the Beacon Theater in NYC in June!

Taxes came Friday! Didn't know it but saw the $$ there when I did my checking reconciliation yesterday. Paid off all the vet bills and the rest is staying saved. I told Matt we can do ONE splurge on ourselves and Frampton is it.

I had tickets to see him in '77 and paid $16. Never got there. Got stoned with Scott and Bobby and forgot all about it. Headpoke Banghead idiot.

He's going to play the Frampton Comes Alive concert Smile

RE: Peter Frampton! Yeah - kbear - 03-20-2011

Hey have a good time! I would like to see him!!!!
Now I need to see if I can find a cd of him to listen to!!

When I was in Milwaukee, I got my hair cut at the same place as he did. Never saw him, but I wish I did.

RE: Peter Frampton! Yeah - Twitchin Kitten - 03-20-2011

He's got no hair now! But he's still good looking.

RE: Peter Frampton! Yeah - Jamminitin - 03-21-2011

How much were the tix?

I haven't been to a concert since 2003 and befroe that, 1984

RE: Peter Frampton! Yeah - Twitchin Kitten - 03-21-2011

Outrageously expensive. Total with insurance was $230 for the pair. But they are row L orchestra.

If it's something you enjoy doing, and it's worth it to you, then I don't see why you shouldn't. Smile

Well, we're going to make a day of it. I'm going to get our tickets to see the Pompeii exhibit up at Times Square that day too.
I got discounts so they'll be $20/per ticket Smile

We figure an early day for the exhibit, a dinner at our fave place downtown (virage) and then over to the Beacon for the concert.
Now to decide if we're going to take the truck all the way in or carry backpacks all over the city with everything we can possibly need for the day. The truck can hold all our "shit" and we can access it anytime but parking that beast is a job in itself!

If you don't take the truck, how do you get to the city? Subway? Taxi?

I watch hows on TV about NY and NYC and for the life of me, I just couldn't imagine doing it. I am sure it's different if you grow up there but yikes.
We have a train into the cities and I haven't even don that yet.....

We drive into Staten Island and for $7 we park the truck in the secure lot at the Staten Island Ferry. We can park for 24 hours there Smile
The Ferry is free, so we take that in, subway to wherever we want to go. Trains run every 5 minutes in the city, every 20 after midnight. Not a bad deal and you get around swiftly.

The city is easy to get around because it's all set up in a numerical grid. Avenues run north and south and streets run east and west. Every other one (both avenues and streets) runs one way or the other and at certain points and certain avenues they are two way, north and south traffic.
Times Square is pedestrian traffic only now.

The subway is my favorite way to travel because you get to see so much of the city people there and there's always that one man band at the Times Square station!

RE: Peter Frampton! Yeah - LH - 03-21-2011

Will Funk Mann be on the keyboards.....Funk Mann?