Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes (/thread-1903.html)

I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - Twitchin Kitten - 11-05-2010

Remember back in what? September Matt got a "big break" from a local company for a couple of service calls that was supposed to turn into some subcontracting work and eventually the guy wanted to turn over the business to him?

Well the sonovabitch has been avoiding calls for weeks now. Last two times he got him on the phone asking to be paid he lies and says the check is mailed, then the second time he blamed his wife for not mailing it.

Now he's not answering the phone.

I've come up with an evil plan to get the fucker's attention. Spiteful
I'm going to call with my cell phone (an unrecognized #) and have him come for an appointment/estimate for a HUGE job at the house. Set it up for when Matt's home.

I don't think he'll be able to avoid him then.

Going to prepare a written bill tonight that includes tool rental, inconvenience fee, chasing money fees and interest. I'm very creative on adding shit on that he can't argue with.

I wish I could find the post when I mentioned it. The search is coming up nil on me. I want the exact date and I know I posted it the day after he got the call.

This is the 3rd person he has to chase a small fee down from. Everyone here is a major meathead I swear. He's got another guy who thinks he's supposed to get free programming for life on the remotes because someone in the family messed up the programming. The list goes on.

RE: I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - Jamminitin - 11-05-2010

It's a bitch trying to collect money after services have been rendered.

Is there any way to get paid upfront? At least partially?

RE: I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - Twitchin Kitten - 11-05-2010

Yeah. We usually ask for 1/3 down, 1/3 when services are started and the final 1/3 upon completion. This only leaves us vulnerable for getting ripped off on labor only. At least the cost of materials and employee wages are covered.

In this instance, this guy was slick. Matt's too nice. He's the kind who takes everyone at their word and thinks everyone has good intentions. NJ is a special case too. Everyone is trying to get over on you. it's like the state's MO. He hired Matt to do a service call. Make that two service calls. He called him on the cell because he "was stuck and on vacation and would he help him out?". Then went on into the whole spiel about how he's looking to retire and maybe hire Matt and let him take over the business over the next year or so. Now to me this is fishy from the start. Matt has only met this guy in the supply warehouse on occasion and never worked for him. He called Matt on his reputation blah, blah, lying too good to be true blah.

Matt has called him three times so far today to get no answer. So, now we're going to devise the estimate plan and do it on general principle.

RE: I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - Jamminitin - 11-05-2010

Tell Matt to trust people as far as he can throw them.

RE: I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - Twitchin Kitten - 11-05-2010

Way ahead of you. I don't know what it is that wont' let it sink into his head that everyone around here is a game player. Big jobs he has no problem with but when it comes to a couple of hundred dollars, they seem to have to try to rook you for it.

RE: I swear, everyone in NJ are assholes - LKTraz - 11-06-2010

As it says on the dollar bill......"In God We Trust"......all others pay CASH!

I like your way of getting him to the house and then face to face bullshit detection!