Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
I'm always complaining about this! - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: Art & Entertainment (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: Movie & Television (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: I'm always complaining about this! (/thread-1830.html)

Pages: 1 2

I'm always complaining about this! - Twilla - 10-15-2010

Okay, for those of you who bother reading this and don't already know, I like to watch TV online and occasionally participate in the comments section. That's usually where the trouble begins because I generally run across someone that bugs the shit out of me.

So, I'm watching "Bones" and I leave a comment about what a bad ending it was. Throughout the episode, they kept trying to talk Bones into being on a children's science show and how she could inspire little girls to imagine brilliant careers for themselves if she did. She finally agreed and I wasn't too happy with the jarring resolution.

My comment:
Quote:Wow, that was a bad ending! I doubt her performance in a stupid outfit would inspire ANYONE to study science... maybe to become a clown.

Not my comment:
Quote:You people need to get a life and don't take things so seriously! The ending was different and a great way to help Bones get in touch with her inner child. And help her get beyond a damaged childhood maybe even help set up a change in her part as Angela gets closer to delivering her baby. You people are being way to negative about the impact of the silly science show ending. It was a kids science show like the one they had on this program that inspired my daughter (who is now a 4.0 student in 10th grade) and excels in science due to the interest created by shows like that.

My comment:
Quote:Really, you're telling us WE'RE taking this show too seriously when you've apparently psychoanalyzed a fictional character and determined that Brennan is getting in touch with her inner child by dressing in a stupid outfit? Yeah, okay. No problems there.

The "inspiring" outfit in question:

[Image: h_352_106649.jpg]

So, what do you think? Am I just a raging asshole or does this woman have a few screws loose? Could be both, I guess. Proud

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - Twitchin Kitten - 10-15-2010

I saw it like you did and I saw it as the "inner child" connection. BUT I lean toward your opinion because "Bones" would never allow herself to look clownish. In the "reality" of her personality, she would compromise and do the show, but she would make sure she didn't come off like a fool. In older episodes, there was one where she was caring for a baby. She is quite capable of reaching into her inner child already and did a fine job communicating with the baby. I think they went backward in her detachment from normal behavior (would that be the phrase I'm looking for?) in this whole season as well.

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - twisteroo - 10-16-2010

I agree with you Twilla, that woman has a couple of screws loose.

BTW: I would sooo do Bones.

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - BarEdul - 10-16-2010

in the search for her isolation from emotion due to her emotional break from her "partner" again they have wrecked the character's ability to do what she use to do so well.

Their mistake they humanized her, now they are trying to reclaim the spark of the "old bones". The writers screwed up big time in a past season or two and are trying to fix it and in the process they are making matters worse.

In answer to your question.. Yes your right the woman needs to get a life, and I don't mean "Bones".

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - Jamminitin - 10-16-2010

I like the way the crazy woman analyzed you. Crazy

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - LKTraz - 10-16-2010

Twills......dat bitch be a crazy mo-fo! I think she's the type who gets so wrapped up in soaps that she discusses them as if the characters are people she knows.

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - Twilla - 10-16-2010

Thanks, buddy!

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - LKTraz - 10-17-2010

(10-16-2010, 09:38 PM)Twilla Wrote: Thanks, buddy!

Oh don't tell me.....et tu Brute?

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - Twilla - 10-17-2010

No, I meant that in all seriousness. I appreciate someone agreeing with me when I go off on a rant, it makes me feel justified.

RE: I'm always complaining about this! - Twitchin Kitten - 10-17-2010

I agreed in my own weird way.

That woman seemed too wrapped up in the show and worse, if she thinks that a ridiculous character is the best thing to get a child into learning about anything, she's sad. You were easy on her too.