Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Customer Service - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Customer Service (/thread-743.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Customer Service - ralgith - 03-02-2010

(03-02-2010, 12:12 PM)Black Sun Wrote: I'm not fussy about food and I am always grateful for it regardless of any little imperfections it might have.

When I was a kid you ate what was put in front of you or you went hungry.

I often went hungry. At least once a week since my mom would make boiled dinner (boiled cabbage & ham) at least that often. And it was 99% cabbage. And I hate cabbage.

RE: Customer Service - Twitchin Kitten - 03-02-2010

You buy your meat from the butcher and seafood at the seafood market. At least here we do.

Boxed items, canned goods and other non perishibles, some dairy products and drinks can all easily and safely be delivered. They come from the local market so it's not like they're running all day on the truck.

I don't use this service all the time, but when I need a few things and too busy to stop what I'm doing, I've used it.
My local store also has a buy online and pickup service. I've used that twice. I get to look at what they picked out for me and if I don't like it, I put it back. But they usually have all brand name stuff on what you can choose from so it's not too bad.

RE: Customer Service - Black Sun - 03-02-2010

I was so poor I had to tie carpet to my feet with string for shoes.

Spiteful

Boxed and canned goods I don't see a problem with buying online. But having meat & produce delivered is just asking for disappointment IMO.

RE: Customer Service - SyberB - 03-02-2010

(03-02-2010, 07:18 AM)Loricat Wrote: The thing I hate most about the grocery stored is the idiots on their phones. Are you so important that you can't do your shopping without being on the phone? I don't want to hear about your stupid friend who is doing this, that, or the other bad thing. I can't stand when people are on their phones in public places where everyone else has to hear their conversation. The father of one of my son's friends is like that. He is a super nice guy but always on his phone. I ran into him in the chinese place the other night and he was on his phone the whole time. There were several other people in there too and he is just yakin away in a normal voice so we all got to hear. He didn't even get off when he was paying. Now I think that is rude.

We've had this conversation before.

I do know what you're talking about, the loud obnoxious 'I'm so important' phone talker. I take calls on my cell phone PRETTY much any time, but it's business. I'm usually not on my phone all the time, but I'm pretty much on call 24/7. It's one of the things that make people value my service. So, yes... I do talk on my cell phone in grocery stores and such, but if having dinner with a friend or something, I will normally let calls go to voicemail, unless I know it's something important.

(03-02-2010, 02:34 PM)SyberB Wrote: but if having dinner with a friend or something, I will normally let calls go to voicemail, unless I know it's something important.

I can vouch for that.

RE: Customer Service - SyberB - 03-02-2010

(03-02-2010, 12:12 PM)Black Sun Wrote: I'm not fussy about food and I am always grateful for it regardless of any little imperfections it might have.

When I was a kid you ate what was put in front of you or you went hungry.

I'm a little picky about vegetables. I don't like 'overripe' fruit or vegetables. I do like a ripe tomato, but I don't want it with mold or worm-holes in it.

Ral is telling me that 'tripe' in meat, includes scrap meat such as 'lips, tongue' etc. I am arguing that 'tripe' is only stomach parts. Does anyone know which is correct?

RE: Customer Service - Twitchin Kitten - 03-02-2010

Tripe is the stomach. My grandfather used to eat that shit. It's gross just to look at never mind eat the shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

RE: Customer Service - Black Sun - 03-02-2010

I draw the line at fucking tripe.

Ok, nice of Syber to blur what I said.

I said IN COMMON USAGE AROUND HERE TRIPE REFERS TO ALL RUBBISH MEAT, and the dictionary has that as an ALTERNATE definition as well.

* ralgith slaps Syber around like a redheaded step child