Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
It's more than brown water - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Twitchy's Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: It's more than brown water (/thread-4040.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: It's more than brown water - LKTraz - 05-28-2014

I stand corrected on Super Fresh.

Around here the big chains are Giant, Weis, Boyer's IGA and more local to the Berks, Schuylkill, Northumberland and Lebanon counties there's the employee owned Redner's.

Pretty much we go to Redner's and for some items Boyer's has better prices. There's a mom and pop store nearby that has high quality deli items at great prices and a couple of meat markets that offer custom butchered meats with volume discounts.

Then there's the local custom butcher who does his own smoking. He's a little more expensive but the quality is A-fucking-one and then some! I can give him a call and special order fresh smoked hams of just about any size I want. The last one I got from him was a 38 pounder for only .15/lb more than the crap the grocery stores had. (He does special holiday pricing) No crap added. Just a fresh butchered and smoked ham!

As far as C-store coffee.......Wawa and Sheetz has some really good stuff. Turkey Hill has brown water that they pass off as coffee.

RE: It's more than brown water - TenFour - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 02:41 PM)LKTraz Wrote: I stand corrected on Super Fresh.

Around here the big chains are Giant, Weis, Boyer's IGA and more local to the Berks, Schuylkill, Northumberland and Lebanon counties there's the employee owned Redner's.

Pretty much we go to Redner's and for some items Boyer's has better prices. There's a mom and pop store nearby that has high quality deli items at great prices and a couple of meat markets that offer custom butchered meats with volume discounts.

Then there's the local custom butcher who does his own smoking. He's a little more expensive but the quality is A-fucking-one and then some! I can give him a call and special order fresh smoked hams of just about any size I want. The last one I got from him was a 38 pounder for only .15/lb more than the crap the grocery stores had. (He does special holiday pricing) No crap added. Just a fresh butchered and smoked ham!

As far as C-store coffee.......Wawa and Sheetz has some really good stuff. Turkey Hill has brown water that they pass off as coffee.

we had a weis in manassas, i worked there like 2 weeks and puked on the manager when he told me i couldnt go home after i told him i was sick without getting fired, so i made that shit worth it fuck him i was 18 and ive never listed it as a reference.

RE: It's more than brown water - LKTraz - 06-01-2014

Weis is based not far from me in Sunbury, Pa.

Redner's is not very far either in Leesport. They started out as a warehouse type market kinda like Aldi's. No real shelf stocking. Just cut the case open and slide it on the shelf and put a price card under it. As they expanded they started doing regular shelves.

There's another IGA affiliate here. Troutman's. Typical IGA.......shitty selection and so-so pricing. Boyer's went to a quality and selection oriented format.