Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
[split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: The Club House (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Nerdville (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) (/thread-2153.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Twitchin Kitten - 02-02-2011

I'd also like to point out, Dylan, that ever since I decided to get this computer, and probably a little before - you have done nothing but tell me what a piece of shit it is and how I wasted my money.

LK - it has nothing to do with apps. Apps = application = apple's word for program.

I can access the site through my Kindle too if I want. I want the Iphone because I want it. I don't need any other reason.

RE: Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Twitchin Kitten - 02-02-2011

Oh and LK - this isn't the first time Dylan and I have been down this road with the same argument.

RE: Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - ralgith - 02-02-2011

You seem to forget the hours I spent figuring out how you could use ConTEXT on a Mac, and then you decided it wasn't worth the effort because of all the extra stuff you would have had to do. There have been other things like that, and you know it.

But you're right, even though this really had nothing to do with Linux and everything to do with being able to completely test a phone OS before buying one (instead of spending 10-15 minutes with it in the store), you're still so right that I'll stop posting all my cool tech finds here and keep them where they're appreciated and welcome. I was trying to be nice and HELP people by giving them that ability.

And I love how the iPhone thread didn't get a single comment.

Lets see:
Official Android Emulator Supported On
  • Windoze - Free
  • Mac - Free
  • Linux - Free

Official iPhone Emulator Supported On
  • Mac - Must become an iOS Developer @ $99/yr = Not Free.

I'm sorry, but Android clearly wins in that contest. I've got 3 Apps (don't call that "Mac's " name for Applications, because its been an abbreviation for Applications before there ever was a company called Apple, and thats all it is, an abbreviation. No one owns a copyright on it, and every company uses it) in development that I wanted to do for both phones. Guess which phone they aren't getting made for? Yeah, thats right.

And the whole reason for Dylan getting pissed? The complete and lack of appreciation; instead shoving another product into it instead. Derailing a discussion thread is one thing, derailing a tech thread with rival tech is another. So. Enjoy the future lack.

Oh I see - everyone's threads can get derailed except yours! If it has to do with anything tech stuff, dare not derail!

OK everybody, please take note that Dylan does not like his threads derailed. Keep all conversation to threads Dylan starts on topic.
In fact, to keep him appeased, I'm going to split all conversation out of this thread that has nothing to do with his Android system test and then he can have his thread integrity back.

As for the Iphone thread - maybe it's jut not that interesting.

RE: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Twitchin Kitten - 02-02-2011

(02-02-2011, 09:05 PM)ralgith Wrote: You seem to forget the hours I spent figuring out how you could use ConTEXT on a Mac, and then you decided it wasn't worth the effort because of all the extra stuff you would have had to do. There have been other things like that, and you know it.

I told you that I didn't want to put all the other things that I had to install (WINE) and shit into my computer to make it work. I told you that before you spent hours. I tell you all the time I dont' want to install a ton of things that are not necessary to make my machine work. That's why I got this computer. I want to simplify. I got tired of needing to install this, fix that, tweak this and refigure that to make a system to suit my needs.

(02-02-2011, 09:05 PM)ralgith Wrote: But you're right, even though this really had nothing to do with Linux and everything to do with being able to completely test a phone OS before buying one (instead of spending 10-15 minutes with it in the store), you're still so right that I'll stop posting all my cool tech finds here and keep them where they're appreciated and welcome. I was trying to be nice and HELP people by giving them that ability.

(02-02-2011, 09:05 PM)ralgith Wrote: And I love how the iPhone thread didn't get a single comment.

Maybe everyone's afraid to put their own comment in lest you have a conniption again.

I tested the Iphones enough to know I want them. I walked into the Apple store and played with them for as long as I wanted.
Same for the Android type phones in the Verizon store and the AT&T store.

(02-02-2011, 09:05 PM)ralgith Wrote: Lets see:
Official Android Emulator Supported On
  • Windoze - Free
  • Mac - Free
  • Linux - Free

Official iPhone Emulator Supported On
  • Mac - Must become an iOS Developer @ $99/yr = Not Free.

I'm sorry, but Android clearly wins in that contest. I've got 3 Apps (don't call that "Mac's " name for Applications, because its been an abbreviation for Applications before there ever was a company called Apple, and thats all it is, an abbreviation. No one owns a copyright on it, and every company uses it) in development that I wanted to do for both phones. Guess which phone they aren't getting made for? Yeah, thats right.

Shame on Apple for asking developers to pay a fee to use their codes and then make money on the app you develop! Shame on them. They work hard, pay employees to develop for them but hey, why not give it all away free.
You make an app for Iphone and you can sell it for a dollar - it adds up to way more than the $99 / year you spent to pay for the license.

Tell you what - I'll give you the $99 just to shut you up.

(02-02-2011, 09:05 PM)ralgith Wrote: And the whole reason for Dylan getting pissed? The complete and lack of appreciation; instead shoving another product into it instead. Derailing a discussion thread is one thing, derailing a tech thread with rival tech is another. So. Enjoy the future lack.

Lack of appreciation my ass. But again, I'm going to put a note on the site that no one is allowed to derail your threads. Just have the same respect for everyone else then. (like my recent photo assignment. I can dig up more if you wish)

RE: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Jamminitin - 02-02-2011

This is way better than listening to my kids bicker. Carry on. Popcorn

RE: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Havoc - 02-02-2011

Dylan can kiss my ass, you knew that was coming so it's no surprise.

I fucking hate people who want special treatment, special privileges, I always figure they still live with their mom who washes their clothes ,cooks their meals, and makes them a nice little lunch in a brown paper bag with a snack pack and a plastic spoon.

fucking grow up already, tech shit is just that tech shit, anyone can do it, anyone can figure it out if they made it past the 6th grade, in fact I have a 15 year old that works on my computer if I need it the little shit could more than likely turn most computer techs inside out, he is that good.

RE: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - Twitchin Kitten - 02-02-2011

My problem was thinking we were friends. Apparently it was a business only friendship. He made that quite clear.

RE: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - twisteroo - 02-03-2011

(02-02-2011, 10:55 PM)Jamminitin Wrote: This is way better than listening to my kids bicker. Carry on. Popcorn
Maybe next they will argue about wrestling or football.Hysterical

RE: [split] Derailed version - Test Drive Android on your PC (Windows, Mac, or Linux) - LKTraz - 02-03-2011

(02-03-2011, 05:53 AM)twisteroo Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 10:55 PM)Jamminitin Wrote: This is way better than listening to my kids bicker. Carry on. Popcorn
Maybe next they will argue about wrestling or football.Hysterical

Well.......Triple H would have kicked Lou Thez's ass if they were time warped to when they were both in their prime I tell ya!