Twitchin Kitten - conversation community
Netflix Instant recommendations - Printable Version

+- Twitchin Kitten - conversation community (https://twitchinkitten.com)
+-- Forum: Art & Entertainment (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Forum: Movie & Television (https://twitchinkitten.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Netflix Instant recommendations (/thread-2899.html)

Pages: 1 2

Netflix Instant recommendations - Twilla - 03-02-2012

I'm always up for watching new stuff, put your suggestions here.

I saw a couple of decent horror movies... Quarantine 2: Terminal and The Butterfly Effect: Revelations. I thought they were both better than the originals even if they were probably released almost immediately to video.

I started watching Kevin Smith's first foray into horror/thriller, Red State but I had to shut it off since it was right before bedtime and I didn't want to dream about some of the shit they were showing.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - Twitchin Kitten - 03-02-2012

If you want to be thoroughly disgusted, start watching the Human Centipede series. Thoroughly cheezy, Horrid acting, disgusting enough to make you vomit a little in your mouth several times.

We watched the first one and I'm going to pass on the next two. He can watch them alone.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - Biker Dude - 03-02-2012

The whole horror thing isn't what I like, so I don't have much to add.

I just posted this to shamelessly boost my post count.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - Twilla - 03-02-2012

It doesn't have to be horror, I like a lot of different things. TV shows, documentaries, some anime... not much love for romcoms though.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - twisteroo - 03-02-2012

Wait, we have a post count???

I actually have old westerns and stuff in my instant queue.
Try the scalphunters with Burt Lancaster for some good watchin.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - Gunnen4u - 03-02-2012

I like Medieval, Adventure and War dramas.

Ironclad is a good one, especially the fight scenes.

Yeah, I saw that in my recommendations, I'll check it out.

Although I like Burt Lancaster, I'm not real big on Westerns, Twist. But here's one you might enjoy: http://animal.discovery.com/tv/last-american-cowboy/
The series on on Netflix instant, obviously.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - Gunnen4u - 03-02-2012

The Searchers is a classic Western, probably my favorite or at least pretty high up there.

Ironclad is based on a true story, but they obviously took liberties with the truth as it were. Still, James Purfoy did an excellent job in it. He should be the next Bond if he continues such stuff. Netflix is great for seeing things that never quite make here across the Atlantic, such as Ironclad, etc.

The gun battle in the Veteran made the whole movie worth it.

If you haven't seen the "The Way Back", I would watch it, as it really is a true story with very few alterations.

This one was pretty decent:

Repeaters
2010 NR89 minutes

After recovering drug addicts Michael (Richard de Klerk), Kyle (Dustin Milligan) and Sonia (Amanda Crew) spend a tough day outside their rehab clinic trying -- and failing -- to make amends to their families, a time loop forces them to relive the wretched day over and over again. But is their predicament a golden opportunity to hone their apologies, or a chance to freely indulge their addictions? Carl Bessai directs this provocative thriller.

RE: Netflix Instant recommendations - Twitchin Kitten - 03-03-2012

I have quite a bit of Alfred Hitchcock movies in there.

Fellini - if you can stand the subtitles or even can figure out a bit of the Italian without reading, they are really good movies if you like that old stuff.

Dig up a mess of some old Liz Taylor films too. My very favorite being Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? Man, that's one fucked up party!

Anyone watching Spartacus? We have a thread in here somewhere about the show too. They started a new season on Showtime but I think we have to wait for it to come to Netflix after the thing is over because we dont' have Showtime. Last run they showed it one week behind.